NOW THAT YOU’RE DREAMING AGAIN 14 WAYS TO STAY FOCUSED ON YOUR DREAMS AND VISION
Now That You’re Dreaming Again, 14 Ways To Stay Focused On your Dreams and Visions
Today I’m sharing the ways I stay focused on my dreams and visions; sometimes finding the right way to stay focused is challenging, I believe you never know what will work best for you until you try a few.
I love the definition of FOCUS when used as a verb; it’s defined as: pay particular attention to.
To pay particular attention; requires repetition and that we focus our desire to dream asking the question: (a) Where are you now? (b) Where do you want to go? (b) Where do you see yourself in the future?
What are you paying attention to, what are you doing to help move you closer to your dreams and vision?
For example for my #100visionboardfree project; I’m paying attention to people and institutions who will benefit from what I have to offer; do they have youths, teens and women; can we work together to serve their clients with my time as a volunteer then I create the steps to achieve it.
The secret of staying focused on my dreams and vision is to make it an obsession; to fall in love with it, to make it my daily priority using the 14 ways I listed below.
It’s like finding a new house or planning your birthday party or wedding, you give it all you’ve got and you fall all in.
Dreams and vision is no respecter of person, newbie’s or incumbent; It brings with a new visionary with a simple yet new perspective that shows up as a series of thoughts that the dreamer works on to bring to life.
Anyone can have a dream or vision but it takes perseverance, self belief and a lot of hard-work to bring it to pass, it takes a belief in what no one else can see but you.
Did you know that President Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, two years after the territory was admitted to the Union as the 50th state of this United States.
So this got me wondering, and thinking more…. Like what drove him, what kept him pressing on, did he have a vision as a child to become the President; don’t you wish his mom was around to remind him, and all of us of their bedtime conversation when he was younger.
The power of dreams and visions; the power of focus and the power of our words.
Former President Obama, the Senator from Chicago, Illinois, the son of a Kenyan father, raised by his mom and later grandparents and later became the First Black President of the United States, he can teach us something about focusing on our dreams and vision and how perseverance works.
I love this quote by him;
The future rewards those who press on.
I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself.
I don’t have time to complain.
I’m going to press on.
– President Obama
Try at least 1 of the 14 ways listed below to stay focused on your dreams and visions
1. Create a plan to meet your goals; like the architect with a plan before the house is built and the farmer storing his corn from the harvest for the next planting season so are we to create a plan too, by visualizing or writing down the scenario you will use to achieve your goals.
2. Change how you use words; instead of describing something, a situation, someone as dead try saying “not alive” if you feel like saying it’s useless try using a word like “I need to find other alternatives”.
3. Write down the steps to attain your goals; think of this as a ladder and as you go up or down there are things you need to do to on every step to accomplish your goals, whatever those things are on the journey that’s what you write.
4. Focus on 2 – 3 goals at a time or per quarter; multitasking is not the best way to do anything, reduce the clutter by cutting down on the projects you have because the best way to achieve a goal is to focus on only a few, try 2 or 3 only at a time if possible one goal at a time.
5. Audit and create new daily success routine/habits; our lifestyle will determine our routines and habits as such, when we feel like we are not picking speed or feel overwhelmed that’s when we need to review our daily routine to find out of we need to cut out or add in.
6. Speak your goals and visions as affirmation daily, when you speak out your goals and visions daily you activate something in the brain and to work in your favor in such a way that we start becoming aware of our surroundings and the little winks all around us, like the people we meet, signs we see and the stories that abound around us.
7. Do something specific to grow or achieve your goals daily; you must have one thing you are doing daily to move on that ladder towards your goal and it could be to make a phone call if you are a sales person, or to write a few words if you are a writer, or to create a strategy if you are a business person.
8. Do the most fun or hard thing / important first, daily; what’s your personality, if you like a challenge you may want to tackle the hard things first. If you like to slowly ease into your work you may want to go with the easy things first.
9. Fall in love with your dreams, daily; no one can help you finish stronger than YOU, to do that you’ve got to fall in love with your crazy idea every day. . . of course there will be day when you will be like what am I thinking. . . love may be hard on those days put perseverance will do just fine for days like that.
10. Create a pros and cons list when overwhelmed and confused; if you run into a challenge now and then you will need to use a pros and cons list to figure out what you need to do. . . see example below: 11. Create deadlines to help you finish on time; a deadline is a motivational tool, some of us just work better that way.
12. Have mini goals within your goals, this will help you meet the big goals; once you’ve created your big goal the steps on t he ladder are the things you are achieving daily and they move you closer to your big goal.
13. Have accountability partners who follow-up on your actions with you; join an online, local or friend based mastermind group of people going in the same direction as you to gain wisdom and to meet all the other crazy people with ideas along the way.
14. Plan out all your goals with the end in mind; you must always reverse engineer to achieve the best result. Questions like what will this look like in 10 years, what do I plan on achieving with this or what will the finished product be are ways to continue to map out your vision.
Change Watch: Do this – Create a new daily success routine/habits: Audit your time in the morning and at night; take away or drop things that don’t matter to your soul; volunteer work, checking social media, watching the morning news – consider switching to watching the evening news etc.
If this article inspires you please share, I look forward to seeing you again next week.
Sincerely in Joy,
Encouragement from an optimistic single mom.
Life changed for me in 2008, and since then it has been an adventure.
I have learnt to love the road I am on, and smell the roses while driving on it too.
I believe that standards of living can change without a moment’s notice, affecting our old way of life.
That Passion can die, and be reignited again.
I found my passion and It’s writing and the story behind it.
I’m super passionate about hospitality, leadership and finance.
I am a single mom of boys who wants to change the world through a smile and genuine service.
I own up to the fact that I make an awesome follower.
I encourage and I inspire. I write, I blog, sometimes – I lead well, and sometimes I follow badly. But the important thing is to get started.
I recently met Simon Sinek, the Start with Why Guy and and so continue to inspire the world.
Email me for a free 20 minute chat or to help you on your way to your Why.
from my heart, xoxoxo